Wednesday, November 01, 2006

distractions

Our entire office is one big room separated into bays by 4'-0" high walls. Windows on three sides. I have a corner desk, so I get a window on one side, a wall on another, and a panoramic view of everybody else in my bay (their backs face me). Unfortunately being in the corner has its disadvantages: my monitor faces the main aisle of the office, so everybody walking anywhere between bays has a stellar view of my screen.

Every time my manager walks by my desk, I happen to be taking a break and surfing (er, shopping) online. Every. Single. Time. I swear, I DO do work. Really!! For example, I have just been staring at the lovely yellow and green and red lines of my lighting plan for the past two hours, nonstop, rotating little lights so they point at cabinets. But does this effort matter? No, because my manager (who has been working all this time at his own desk) is going to pass by my desk...right...now!

:( Back to the lighting...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home