Monday, October 23, 2006

architecture

This was too good to pass up...so I stole it from my friend Mike's xanga. I think we are all feeling a bit fed up with the drudgery that is the life of the drafting peon...

Things I hate hearing

1. Michael

2. In the future, you can design my house!

3. Have you heard/seen/been to/know about (insert architect name here)?

4. Have you read 'The Fountain Head'?

5. Wow, you work at an architecture firm? You must make a lot of money.

6. What kind of projects do you work on?

7. You must get to travel a lot.

8. Any carpentry related questions about house renovation

9. “here, let me show you” (brings out the roll of trace to DRAW EVERY SINGLE SHIT THEY ARE TRYING TO EXPLAIN)

10. I'm from GSD... These people just won’t shut up about how they're from hahvad. And it’s always ‘GSD’, not Harvard.

On the flip side, the best response to date:

1. You work at an architecture firm? Man… that must suck.

Sadness...but so accurate. Except that I almost never get called "Michael." However, I do get more than enough shit for the name I currently have.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home