Wednesday, September 27, 2006

note to self : an unfortunate ending

The End, the very last book in the A Series of Unfortunate Events series by Lemony Snicket, is due to come out October 13. Despite the series not being stellar reading (don't get me started), I'm wondering how things will wrap themselves up in the last book. I'd like to go to Costco to buy it. And also to eat a hot dog. Okay, mostly to eat the hot dog. :)

P.S. - Also want to read The Thirteenth Tale, which appears to be another one of those stories (they seem to be increasing in number lately) centered about people with an unhealthy affection for books. Publishers Weekly has unfortunately compared the book to works by Charlotte Brontë and Daphne du Maurier. I really wish they hadn't. Now I've got all these high expectations.

P.P.S. - Still reading Hyperion and The Beginning Place. Must finish The Beginning Place soon because it is due at the library. My copy of Hyperion was a rather worn one from a used bookstore; the other day on BART when I pulled it out of my bag to read, the cover ripped clean off. I was stricken with a wave of sick horror and intense sorrow. Am still mourning.

1 Comments:

At 3:48 AM, Blogger alexander said...

this is how you get distracted from finishing books on your list. add them to the end and keep chugging along.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home