Friday, September 29, 2006

sleep undervalued

I am canceling my plans for this coming weekend and going to sleep instead. Screw work. Screw class. Screw everything!!! I am going to SLEEP!!!

In the meantime, though...Vegas. ;) Later!


*** much later ***

Every few years, I have to resurrect this poem. I feel I owe it to the world.

A snippet:


and here I've loved rivers all this time
whether motionless like this they curl skirting the hills
European hills crowned with chateaus
or whether stretched out flat as far as the eye can see
I know you can't wash in the same river even once
I know the river will bring new lights you'll never see
I know we live slightly longer than a horse but not nearly as long as a crow
I know this has troubled people before
and will trouble those after me
I know all this has been said a thousand times before
and will be said after me


A different part of it appeals to me every time I read it. I think that's why I love it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home