Monday, October 20, 2008

letters from iwo jima

So I just watched both Flags of Our Fathers and Letters from Iwo Jima, because this class that I'm taking had a discussion mentioning both films and I thought I'd see what they were talking about...
Letters
was definitely better as a war movie; I got a bit tired of hearing the word "hero" in Flags. Also I just kept feeling like both Ryan Phillipe and Jesse Bradford seemed like such douchebags—the character Rene Gagnon certainly was in his own way, which would explain my feelings toward Bradford. I think I just dislike Ryan Phillipe in general now because of Reese Witherspoon, though.
Most importantly, however, I realized that I just have this huuuge, inexplicable crush on Ken Watanabe. Yeah, okay, he's kind of old enough to be my father. And he's really not that great looking. BUT there's just something about him!! The little fangirl in my heart went "KYAAA!" every time he showed up in the first few scenes. Heheheheh. SIGH...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home