Monday, May 25, 2009

weight loss

Okay, am I delusional!? I'm definitely losing faith in exercise and all weight loss plans.

So it's been more than eight months since I went to a gym, and all I've been doing for the past three months or so is eating and falling asleep almost immediately after (something people always told me would be disastrous for my metabolism). I swore I'd start exercising again right after school let out so I would be able to fit into the dress I wanted to wear for B's wedding in June. I tried it on early in the semester and my flesh bulged unbecomingly all around the waistband, which naturally threw me into a fit of depression. Except I wasn't depressed enough to stop eating (or maybe the depression just made me eat more). I mean, just the other day X and I went out to eat and ordered practically everything on the menu, PLUS dessert, and ate it all. Yesterday we had fried chicken for dinner, and then I went out with D for tea, and then when I got home after all that I was hungry for salt again so I had some leftover rice (the kind cooked with meat and peanuts and egg and wrapped in lotus leaves) and soy sauce.

Today I tried on my dress again and it fits perfectly. No unsightly bulges. No constricting of breath.

I don't get it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home