Sunday, September 16, 2007

we eat too much

Long time no blog!!

The inspiration for my return to the blogosphere (haha...ha): Safeway's 5-layer bean dip. To backtrack a little, I have a ton of beer and chips and dip and whatnot left over from Friday night...more than I could possibly eat myself (I will sometime soon have an afternoon beer party - watch this space). So today I stopped by Safeway to buy some things to go with all the stuff I already have. Like potato chips for the dip, and some cheese for the tortilla chips that will become nachos. This is not unlike the DELICIOUS CYCLE Alex showed me the other day, I realize...

Anyway. I also bought some 5-layer bean dip to go with the tortilla chips (there were a lot). Christina came over later in the afternoon to hang out, and of course we couldn't do that properly without refreshment (we're heifers), so we cracked open the dip and brought out the tortilla chips and some beer. And you know what? WE. ATE. IT. ALL. No, not just half, or even three-quarters, of the little tub of fatty goodness. ALLLLLLLLLLLL of it is now in our bellies! We were both pretty full at about the three-quarter mark, but with our usual mutual competitive urging ("HEY! I ate that entire piece!! It's your turn now!!"), we managed to finish. Someday, probably earlier than we expect, we may very well be sharing neighboring hospital beds as the doctor delivers a communal lecture to us about lowering our cholesterol. But until then....

Later on I saw Christina glance surreptitiously at the Nutrition Facts label on the bean dip wrapper. I took it away from her and threw it out. Honestly, without me that girl would probably be 100x less happy, eating nothing but lentils.

1 Comments:

At 7:15 PM, Blogger Disgruntled Dater said...

I like lentils! But it's true, Jen, without you, I would be 100x less happy! Awww. I would also probably live 10 years longer. Oh well, can't have it all.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home