Sunday, April 16, 2006

update, week 2

So my second week sort of...plummeted. A situation pushed me over the edge into a minor pit of despair around mid-week, and humiliation and depression ensued. It was horrible, though I'm sure not as horrible as hurricanes in Florida or, you know--war, famine, drought, plague, etc. Given the fact that I'm pretty stubborn, and it's not REALLY the end of the world (I guess), I'm trying to piece my shattered ego back together and keep going. Yeah.

I've been having a very HoldMePlz-like bout of soul-searchiness lately though. I can't say it's really doing much for me, other than making these dismal rainy days just a tiny bit more dismal. I think my friends are feeling the strain, too, since I force them to listen to me whine whenever any of them talks to me. Er, sorry. I thought I'd mention it here because it's the most defining feature of my week. And that is really sad. I think my life needs a makeover.

Other than all this. My parents are leaving tomorrow, which incidentally is Easter Sunday. Happy Easter! Somebody sent me this video about the Easter Bunny which I find rather disturbing (but funny). Those sound effects!! Haha......ha....

MiniChu has gotten me obsessed with this Korean drama called "Goong"...I'm pretty sure I could write the Chinese title here, except that ever since I reformatted this laptop my Chinese language input hasn't worked correctly and I CAN'T FIGURE OUT WHY. I just watched the first two subbed episodes of the drama and now I am hooked. I don't even like the main characters, but the Curse of Asian Drama has hit and I now must know what happens. Must!!! But there are only these two subbed episodes, I think. And the series hasn't ended yet. ARRGH! I hate it when this happens!

Following recent news reports, I have decided to stop using ReNu contact solution. It is the contact solution I was given by the optometrist in Taiwan who gave me my contacts, and I have been faithfully using it for the past year or so. Until now. I wonder if I'll still get some kind of eye fungus. How can you tell?!?! Should I be paranoid and see my optometrist here (or, um, an opthamologist)? Ugh.

In a happier vein, I just bought a ladybug sweatshirt. That was the bright point of my week, thanks. Also the two glasses of Blue Moon I had on Friday, which were excellent, and the garlic fries at Hawthorne Lane. See, there is still some happiness in my life. Would it be very negative of me to mention (again) that I think I'm growing a beer belly? I will work on that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home