Saturday, December 24, 2005

mushrooms

All through last year I had this crazy obsession with mushrooms. Not just with eating them (though that was a big part of it, especially kinoko in pasta or omuraisu, or shiitake...mmm....but I digress), but rather with toadstool/mushroom paraphernalia. These usually feature the sort of toadstool they used in Mario, with the red-with-white-polka-dot top. Or just generally look like this:

(Courtesy of Delia*s. Yes, I still like Delia's, even though I am not fourteen years old anymore.)

Last Christmas one of my friends got me a mushroom-themed lunchpail (the lid was red with white dots, and it had little colorful toadstools marching along its base). In retrospect this gift was probably not a great choice (and, yes, I picked it) since it just added to my unhealthy attachment to toadstools/mushrooms. But I love it. If I ever bring my own lunch to work (haha, yeah, someday......), I will bring it in my mushroom lunchpail.

I am discovering that this post had no rhyme or reason to it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home