Friday, December 23, 2005

life is not about food...really

I guess I should post about something other than food, on occasion. Just to remind myself that there are other things in life, etc etc.

SO. My mom came back from Shanghai last night, laden with gifts for me. These included a nylon-vinyl white puffy jacket (fur-lined; I hope to God it's synthetic), another red scarf (this is number four in my collection, I think), and a stuffed dog wearing a santa cap. I am very appreciative of her efforts, REALLY, but I have to admit that there are times when I wish she would just constrain her expenditures to buying things for herself.

(The other Jen sent me this link to a video about the dog- and cat-fur trade in China. It was a horrible, horrible little clip that now makes me wary of all apparel utilizing any sort of fur. Does J. Crew really use this stuff?!?!?)

I am still trying to find something for my Secret Santa (high school friends' tradition). It's surprising how you can be friends with someone for 17 years and still not know what to buy them for Christmas.

listening to: "sky starts falling," the doves


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home